GREEN BAY (WCWF) -- Staying safer at home ... but looking for some new activities? Well here are five events you can take part in-- virtually anywhere!
1. Get Active
- Jenstar Movement is offering free Mother's Day yoga classes online this Sunday, May 10th. Classes are offered for a variety of skillset levels and start times. Click here for the schedule and to sign up!
- And if you're looking for a little reward with your yoga, try out Virtual Restorative Yoga with wine and cheese! Put on by The Yoga Loft with The Bottle Room, it's a 75 minute virtual event. It begins with interactive wine tasting, followed by a relaxing 45 minute restorative yoga practice. The wine and cheese can be purchased by curbside pickup at The Bottle Room. The event takes place Saturday, May 9th at 6:30p. For tickets and information, click here!
- Get Fit! presented by Humana. Through the Titletown website, you can explore classes each week as we aim to stay active while at home. These take place Saturdays through May, the 9th, 16th and 23rd at 8:00 a. But that's not all! This Saturday at 9a, Titletown celebrates all moms with a complimentary virtual yoga session. Click here to learn more about "Mamaste- A Virtual Meditation."
2. A Gallery Viewing From The Comfort of Your Home
While galleries may not be open to the public, many art facilities are offering *virtual walk-through viewings of their current exhibits.
- The Art Garage currently has two on-going exhibitions available: Pencils & Pens and Lockdown: A Solo Exhibition by Beau Thomas. Click the links to view the virtual gallery, to learn more, and support local arts!
- And Thursday, May 8th at 6p, it's opening night for the "What's On The Menu" exhibit from the Artless Bastard!The gallery features food and drink as the main theme. For more information, click here.
- Mosaic Arts Inc. also took to the net to support local artists with a virtual gallery showcasing their work. Here you can view different artists, and truly shop local.
3. Get Creative
If you're inspired to get crafty during your stay-at-home experience, here are a few events you can take part in!
- Titletown hosts their weekly Crafternoon Sundays! Create fun projects using repurposed items around your home. They'll provide a list of what's needed to complete the project. This week's activity? Scrunchies! That's right, add a little art to your hairstyle. Click here for more information.
- Kaukauna Public Library shows us a social distancing DIY with Mandala Stone Painting. Learn to paint mandalas using supplies you already have! The library will go live with the Facebook Live event Friday at p. For a list of supplies needed, click here!
- This Mother's Day from 2-4 p, join a virtual painting class with Yaymaker South Africa. Calling it a "Paintcast," you can tune in and paint along with items from around your home! For more information, visit the Facebook event page.
4. Play Some Games
- Curbside Pickup Bingo with Badger State Brewing offers fun while supporting area small businesses! Order local, save your receipts, and play to win prizes! Curbside Bingo will run daily until May 30th. Click here for the details!
- It's Murder Mystery at its finest with Jump Into Mystery! Saturday night from 7-9, try out a virtual murder mystery evening that lasts 2 hours. You could even be part of it too! Tickets are required to access the Zoom link. Click here for more!
5. Entertainment For Your Viewing
- ComedyCity puts on Virtual Improv! And don't worry, this one's all about family fun. Catch the laughs Friday, May 9th at 7:30 p on Facebook Live! Click here for the details.
- Let your voice be heard with Virtual Sound Judgement from 88Nine Radio Milwaukee. Vote as on songs you'd like to hear as the music and programming directors take to the Zoom stage. This event takes place at 7p Saturday, May 9th. Click here to learn more and save your virtual seat!
- Though the B2wins were scheduled to perform "A Grand Night" at The Grand Oshkosh, the evening has instead moved to online. Friday, May 8th at 7:30 p, the B2wins will perform and share an announcement, via Facebook and YouTube live! For more information, click here!