GREEN BAY (WLUK) -- From lunch to evening concerts, the Green Bay Botanical Garden is planning a summer full of events.
Beginning this week, the GBBG is holding weekly cookouts on Wednesdays. From 11 a.m.-1 p.m., lunch will be served, including grilled meats, snacks, desserts, beverages and fresh produce grown locally in partnership with the N.E.W. Master Gardener Volunteer Association. Lunches are $6 for GBBG members and $7 for non-members.
The Wednesday cookouts run through Aug. 29.
Buy-one-get-one-free garden admission is available from 4-8 p.m., with the interactive Children's Discovery Stations open from 4-6 p.m.
Then, on Wednesday nights, Garden to Glass: Cocktails with Tunes features herbal cocktails and live music from 6-7:30 p.m. A list of performers is available online.
Meanwhile, four musical events are also scheduled for the summer:
- Pops Concert featuring the Civic Symphony of Green Bay: July 1, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Sounds of Nashville: Aug. 3, 7-9 p.m.
- Grass Roots Festival: Aug. 26, 12-7 p.m.
- Brews, Bistros & Bonfires: Sept. 21, 6:30-9:30 p.m.
Those who buy lawn seating should take chairs or blankets. Food and drink are available for purchase.
Also, on Thursday nights, the GBBG is holding a weekly concert series from 6-7:30 p.m. Food and drinks are available for purchase from 5-7 p.m., with visitors allowed to bring their own picnic baskets and lawn chairs or blankets.
- June 21: Big Mouth & the Power Tool Horns
- June 28: Bay Area Big Band
- July 12: Daddy D Productions
- July 19: Copper Box
- July 26: N.E.W. Piano Guys
- Aug. 2: Kevin Van Ess & Talk of the Town
- Aug. 9: Patchouli
- Aug. 16: Cool Waters Band
Weather permitting, the Seeds to Snacks program runs from 4-6 p.m. Thursdays. Visitors can participate in hands-on gardening activities and then create a fresh garden snack from the GBBG's harvest.