Here is a simple and delicious treat to serve your guests this Thanksgiving!
Bulk Priced Food Shoppe demonstrated it with pecans but you can use any of your favorite nuts available in bulk at the Bulk Priced Food Shoppe located in Greenville and Ashwaubenon.
Crockpot Candied Pecans
1 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1 1/2 Tbsp. Cinnamon
1 Egg White
2 tsp. vanilla
4 cups pecans (or almonds, cashews or walnuts)
¼ cup Water
1. In a large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together egg white and vanilla until it becomes a little frothy.
3. Place pecans into a slow cooker prepared with cooking spray. Pour egg white mixture over pecans and stir until nuts are evenly coated.
4. Next, sprinkle cinnamon sugar over pecans, and stir until nuts are all coated well with sugar. Cook covered on LOW for 3 hours, stirring every 2o minutes. When 20 minutes are left, pour 1/4 cup of water into the crockpot and stir. This will make the outer shell nice and crunchy.
5. When cooking time is up, spread nuts out on a cookie sheet to cool for 15-20 minutes. Store in airtight container.