Near Water Concert Series brings Jessica Hernadez & The Deltas to the Meyer Theatre stage on May 20th with Mount Carmel and Adelyn Rose also performing. Tickets are $12 at the door and $15 the day of show. Show starts at 7 pm.
If you’ve never been to a Near Water Concert before, Katie has given you 5 reasons why you should come out — it’s one of her favorite things to do in Green Bay!
5 Reasons Why should you attend a Near Water concert:
1. You’ll just love it. No matter what type of music you like, you’re sure to be tapping your foot and finding the lyrics beautiful.
2. It’s comfortable. With being more low-key, you’re able to sit or stand. You aren’t sharing the same personal bubble with about five other people. You can relax and enjoy the music or get up and dance.
3. It’s an affordable night of music. You aren’t breaking the bank (which I like) and the music is completely worth it.
4. Personal interaction with the bands. Since it’s in a smaller (and beautiful) space, the musicians are able to really talk to the audience. There is always a lot of banter back and forth with the musicians and the crowd and you can tell it’s not just a straight rehearsed thing like many concerts are. Plus, they’re always outside before you leave and are always up to chat.
5. You hear bands that you might not otherwise. The Near Water Concert Series brings in bands that maybe wouldn’t make a stop into downtown Green Bay. And ever hear a little song that goes “I belong with you, you belong with me, you’re my sweetheart” Yup. Near Water Concert Series brought The Lumineers to the Meyer and months later they were huge. So you can be one of those people that say “oh yeah….you’ve never heard them? They’re so good live” when everyone else starts to get excited about it.
Hope to see you there!